Continuing Professional Development (CPD)
Continuing Professional Development (CPD) is a continuous learning process that complements formal undergraduate and postgraduate education and training in order to maintain and further develop competence and performance.
CPD is any learning outside of undergraduate education or postgraduate training that helps you maintain and improve your performance. It covers the development of your knowledge, skills, attitudes and behaviors across all areas of your professional practice.
Pulse Medic or any CPD activities should maintain and improve:
- the quality of care you give your patients and the public
- the standards of the teams and the services in which you work.
Your CPD where ever you chose to do it should keep you up to date and competent in all the work that you do. It should affirm what you do well, address areas requiring improvement and explore new knowledge, skills and behaviors
Principles of continuing professional development
The purpose of continuing professional development (CPD) is to help improve the safety and quality of care provided for patients and the public.
Responsibility for personal learning
You are responsible for identifying your CPD needs, planning how those needs should be addressed and undertaking CPD that will support your professional development and practice.
Your appraisal and job planning discussions, along with your agreed personal development plan (PDP), will help you identify and address your needs and those of others. These tools should also help you divide your CPD activities across the scope of your work to reflect your needs in particular areas. They will also help employers (or contractors) identify, coordinate and resource the learning and development needs for all staff.
You should be prepared to review your PDP throughout the year in the light of discussions with your appraiser and others to ensure it remains relevant to your needs. Planning and evaluating your CPD needs and opportunities should be managed on an ongoing basis, not just at your appraisal.
Pulse Medic Blend of CPD courses and trainers, ensures that each course is related to clinical practice. CPD enables you to maintain and improve across all areas of your practice. Pulse Medic also follows the ten principles to CPD.
Impact of CPD and students.
- They showed enhanced motivation and confidence, increased participation, and increased satisfaction with their work.
- They showed more positive responses to specific subjects.
- They showed improvements in learning, and in performance, such as improved test results, greater ability in decoding and enhanced reading fluency.
- They demonstrated better organisation of their work.
- They showed increased sophistication in response to questions.
- They experienced a wider range of learning activities and strategies.
Pulse Medic workshops are catered for the whole spectrum of professionals which everyone not only the trainers but each individual leaves with something. Evaluating the impact of your CPD please after each event check your email for your evaluation form after the session.